Now that you understanding the framework for living purposed, you can begin to apply those elements to your daily life and schedule. At this point the things that you should understand about the 5 Basis Principles of Balance, Proportion, Emphasis, Rhythm and Harmony should have you ready, to begin a more Purposed Life.
This is your foundation and as long as it is secure and steady you are ready! Now you go from knowing these principles, to applying them. That is when you will flourish, because you will experience positive results and rewards from action. That is when you will know and understand through action, the true value they have.
Like anything worth having, it usually requires some effort, discipline and work. Take a good look at your overall goals, write them down. What in your life or attitude needs adjustment, and begin working to build toward those goals.
Start with the easier adjustments, but make it your purpose to accomplish small changes that you can recognize in a positive way, right away. Success starts with the little things.
If you need to organize an area of your home, to remove clutter, start there. You will see the rewards and feel better. If you need to ease more time into your schedule for a loved one that you feel you’ve neglected, start there. If you are neglecting your diet and nutrition, start there. What I am saying is start where you live in your daily life, but get started purposing yourself to make your life better.
By starting with the small things in the overall picture, we aren’t so overwhelmed, and can see faster results. When you accomplish a goal, check it off the list. Sometimes small things left to pile up, can cause us the most stress and grief.
It is kinda that, straw that broke the camels back syndrome.
These are things I recommend to start right away, today. Here are a few easy and quick ways to start your days off right from the start. If you are not already doing these I highly recommend them.
1) Get out of bed a little earlier so you get a head start. It is amazing what a few extra minutes can offer your day.
2) Start your morning with an 8 oz glass of water. Even if you enjoy coffee or tea, start with water. The benefits are recognizable and your body and brain will thank you.
3) Once the beds are empty of bodies, make them. It just takes a few minutes and is the only way to start any day. (Unless you or your loved ones are ill and need to climb back in).
4) Start with a clean kitchen and leave with one. Never overwhelm yourself or your loved ones with dirty dishes and cluttered counters.
5) If you have more than a couple in the house, do 1 load of laundry everyday, by the end of the day. Wash, dry, fold and put away.
Click Here to Download Your Printable Morning Checklist
Just these 5 things will start any day off on the right foot. For myself I have a 6th thing I do.
When I wake, before my feet hit the floor, I thank God for a new day! While having my coffee, I read from his Word and ask his Blessings upon my day and the day of those I love.
Enter into your new day with Thanksgiving and Praise and then:
Be patient with yourself! We are not perfect people! We don’t change for the better without effort, without purpose. We don’t just wake up one morning to a perfect life.